Sunday, September 13, 2015

eyes

“The soul, fortunately, has an interpreter - often an unconscious but still a faithful interpreter - in the eye.” 


Millions of thoughts in my head with limited words to describe.
but the only 4 letters my fingertips are typing are E & Y & E & S.
my eyes.
i remember the first time my eyes lit around him.  and he would always say i had eyes as deep as the ocean.  
then all i had left were blank stares and fake smiles.
 he never really mentioned my eyes after that.

my eyes are red from going to too many funerals a teenage girl should have to go to.

they close for the dieting girls on just their thirteenth year of living; 
but my eyes stay open when i pray.


and my eyes leaked when she told me she didn't like to eat anymore.


but g**dness, how my tearing eyes dry right up from wind blowing in my face when i'm driving up the canyon.

And how they light up when i'm going hard at school dances, or when it's the first day of summer, or my favorite song comes on.


Or how they light up when i'm with you.


and don't even get me started on your eyes.

Image of Limited Edition Sea Photographic Print



3 comments:

  1. I really like this, I can feel your honesty and I like it

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey whoa.
    i frikin relate to this on multiple levels

    let's be friends, miss grey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow...this was absolutely lovely. I loved the ending

    ReplyDelete